When accepting a merchant, we check the content of our potential customers' online store. In this article, you will find instructions on what information to add to your online store for your customers to see.
1. Website contact information
Please make sure that the customer can easily find your company's contact information in your online store. At least the following information should be available:
- Business ID/registration number
- Company name
- Phone number
2. Delivery terms
Your online store must have delivery terms that can be read by the customer before placing an order. The delivery terms must state the payment options, delivery methods, delivery times and fees, and return terms.
If products are sold to consumers in your online store, the return conditions must be in accordance with the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority's (KKV) distance selling terms and conditions. The terms and conditions should include at least the following:
- The consumer's right to cancel the transaction within 14 days (some products are not covered by this cancelation right, check them on the KKV's website).
- Instructions on how the consumer can contact you regarding a return.
- Information on whether the consumer bears the cost of returning part or all of their order.
- Information explaining that in case of refund, the refund will be made back to the original payment method used in the order (not, for example, by bank transfer).
If the products are sold only to companies, the payment terms do not have to comply with the KKV. However, the terms and conditions must clearly state the responsibilities between the merchant and the customer.
3. Payment terms
The payment terms below must be added to your online store, for example in the delivery terms. Links to the language versions of the terms (Finnish and Swedish) can be found at the end of the terms.