The request of the beneficial owners is based on the Act on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, which we as a payment service provider are required to comply with. By law, we need to know who is actually benefiting from the payment passed through our service. We cannot forward payments to a company whose actual beneficiaries are unknown to us.
For the actual beneficiaries, we need:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Personal identity number
The actual beneficiary is always a natural person. The shape of your business determines who the actual beneficiaries are.
- Private trader
- The actual beneficiary is the entrepreneur himself.
- Limited company
- The beneficial owners are all persons who directly or indirectly own more than 25% of the shares in the company or otherwise hold the same shares or directly or indirectly hold more than 25% of the voting rights in the company. If the company is owned by another company, the persons who own more than 25% of the company owning or exercising voting rights are the actual representatives.
- Public Limited Company (Plc)
- Information on beneficial owners is not required.
- The actual beneficiaries are the members of the board of the association.
- Public body
- Members of the municipal board, the managing director or another person in a similar position (e.g. mayor).
- A parish or religious community
- The actual beneficiaries are the registered board members.
- The actual beneficiaries are the members of the board of directors and the supervisory board entered in the register of foundations.
- Housing company
- The actual beneficiaries are the members of the board of the housing company.